Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bits & Pieces

I thought I would share a couple of cards with you today that I made a while ago but haven't gotten around to posting yet.
 
This first card was 'just for fun'.  I got an awesome Hero Arts International Skyline stamp for my birthday last year and couldn't wait to break it in.  I tried to keep the card simple.  I heat embossed the image in black on some white cs that I had inked up in a variety of coordinating ink colours.  Here's a look at the end result:
 

The next card I want to share with you today was for a co-worker's birthday.  She is looking forward to retirement and can't wait to get settled in at her cottage.  Keeping with the cottage/beach theme, and inspired by this card, I pulled out some patterned paper and set to work.  I did finish off the card with some black stickers in the bottom right-hand corner indicating the recipient's age, but that was after I snapped this pic.  Here's a look at the almost-finished card:



See you later!  :)

2 comments:

michib said...

Great cards Marni!! Love the skyline and the colouring on the first card.

Angela said...

Nice job, Marn!! That skyline stamp is awesome and I love the inking you did with it! The second is my fav - I really like how the turquoise just pops off the other muted papers (which are awesome - love how you mixed all those patterns!). I'm sure it looked amazing with the black numbers added in the corner too! And what a great idea with the beachy/cottage vibe. I bet your co-worker loved it! Speaking of love, how about those beachy stamps. I'm thinking they would be perfect for some kind of themed album... ;)