Sunday, January 27, 2013

Many Thanks

I was asked to make some thank-you cards for both a wedding and a bridal shower.  Knowing that I would have to make a LOT of cards, I wanted to keep the designs as simple as possible.

The wedding thank-you cards were designed to mimic the elements found on the wedding invitations (cherry blossoms, vertical lines, pink/grey).  Here's a look at the finished product:


The bride-to-be requested that the thank-you cards for her shower be black and white.  There were no other stipulations, so I came up with 4 different cards with simple designs and let her pick her favourites.  Here's a look at 4 different cards that I created:

Card A


Card B


Card C


Card D

The bride-to-be chose cards B, C and D.  I think my favourite was card D.  I liked the black/white combo (it looks very classy) but I was really tempted to add a spot of colour on the cards.  The little twinkle of a purple rhinestone or a touch of red stickles.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yay!! You should totally update your blog more often! I LOVE the wedding thank yous. Simple, sweet and stunning. Such a great colour combo and I really like how you put the cherry blossom branch coming off the edge of the card like that. And, I completely agree with you, card 'D' is the best! The others are really nice though as well. It would have been a hard decision for the bride-to-be. What a great set! Thanks for sharing, Marn, you've definitely inspired me!!

Angela said...

ps - The updated blog design is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! LOVE the header and the background pattern is sa-weet! Nicely done!!

michib said...

absolutely beautiful cards Marni! the black and white are so beautiful and elegant.