Monday, November 22, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I think the Christmas season has officially arrived. My sister has had her house completely decorated for at least a week... her shopping is nearly complete and the presents are sitting wrapped under the tree waiting for Christmas morning. I've nearly perfected the Christmas playlist on my mp3 player and I'm singing along to it in the car every chance that I get. The only thing I'm waiting for is that first wonderful fall of snow. Can't hardly wait.

I was perusing the latest issue of Paper Crafts magazine not too long ago and was smitten by one of the featured cards on the cover. I thought... "I can do that", and set to work.


I love the simplicity of the layout, and the witty sentiment: Happy "holly"days. Hee hee.


I was especially psyched to use some of the red buttons that I picked up at the dollar store for the holly.


Stay tuned for more festive creations :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! Marnie, this is fantastic! I like it even more than the original. The way you did the 'holly' is AWESOME! I think I told you I wanted that other Christmas card...but I've changed my mind. Sign me up for this one. Ha!!
Seriously, if we ever have a 'Christmas Card Making Day' can you please bring all the supplies for this card. I love it!! :) You totally just secured your position as most fabulous Queen of the Marniverse, ever. xoxo