Tuesday, November 30, 2010

In the Nick of time

It is 12 minutes to midnight as I begin typing this post. My goal is to be done before midnight so that I can get my entry for the November HCCC in on time.


I created the challenge for this month, and was super excited about it. Didn't seem like much of a "challenge" to me. Boy was I wrong. Couldn't get inspired. That'll teach me :)

So, I just sat down and started playing with cardstock. Forced myself to use a shade of blue (Ballet Blue - SU) that I have never used before. That was really hard for me, because I like sticking to my favourites :) Had some fun stamping the snowflakes and then heat embossing them with silver. Really wish that I had some rhinestones to use on the sentiment (to add some 'sparkle') but had to settle for some silver glitter glue.

The pictures are not great, 'cause I was pressed for time, but here's a look at the finished product:





11:55pm. Phew.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Nicely done, Marn! I love the black panel with the embossed(?) silver snowflakes. It looks very elegant in the picture. What set is the snowflake from? It's bee-you-tee-ful!
I also like how you added the little bits of bling to the sentiment panel. Gave it the perfect finishing touch. Love, love, love! I'll try and get December's challenge up today...