Thursday, September 30, 2010

Musical Inspiration

OK, it's really late (or early, depending on how you look at it), so I apologize if there isn't much substance to this post, but I wanted to make sure that I got my HCCC card for September posted before the month was over :)

Here's a look at my finished product:


It is a 6" x 6" card. I had a hard time picking a 'favourite' song to inspire me. How can I just choose one? So, I decided to keep my selection to music from the past year, and I picked the song that I listened to the most over the past 12 months. My inspiring song choice was 'United States of Eurasia' by Muse. I listened to it over and over and over and over again while working on the card so that it would inspire me.


The second part of the challenge was to use paper piecing. Ever since I got this sweet stamp (as seen in the above pic) in a Unity KOM, I have been dying to paper piece it. It took me several attempts to get the effect that I was going for, but I am really happy with the final result.

But, it just didn't seem like enough on its own. I needed a little something extra to pull the card together, and settled on adding a cluster of buttons in the lower right-hand corner for that finishing touch.


I wasn't really sure what type of sentiment to put on the card, but felt that the one I chose fit in with the umbrella.


Not sure what type of occasion I can use this card for, but I'm sure I will find a use for it someday. In the meantime it looks pretty sitting on my bookshelf :)

No comments: