Monday, August 02, 2010

Belated Birthday Card

I had a very productive card-making weekend. Finished 3 Christmas cards, and made 4 other wonderful creations.

The first one that I want to share with you is a long-overdue birthday card. Since I knew I had to make this card, I thought I would tie it in with the July HCCC.

I've never tried emboss resist before, and have always wanted to. I borrowed the Upsy Daisy (SU) stamp set from my friend, watched a few YouTube videos to learn the technique, and then set to work.

Here is the result:


I love the end result! I kept walking by the card all evening just so I could look at it :). I hope the recipient likes the card as much as I do!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh.my.word!! SHUT UP!!! This just may be the most incredibly beautiful card you have ever made - and that is saying a lot because you have made some incredibly beautiful cards in your day. I love it!
The layout, the layering, the colours and , oh yes, the emboss resist - you are already a pro! - what a gorgeous card, Marn. Your SIL will love it and admire it endlessly...and if she doesn't, tell her to send it to me, because I will put it in my windowsill and shamelessly drool over it for at least a month. Beautiful!! Also, you will have to let me know what colours you used - that is really a stunning combination.