Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Metallic Challenge

The card that I have chosen to share with you today is the one I made for the Metallic Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World. When I heard that there was going to be a 'metallic' colour combo, I was intrigued.

Here's a look at the colour combo we were challenged to use:

(Note: it contains pink).

I wasn't too happy to see pink in the combo (again), but that's why they're called challenges!

Sadly, I've seen the inside of too many funeral homes over the past month. My heart and prayers go out to my family and friends that have suffered loss.

When I saw the above colour combo, I thought it was subtle enough that I could use it to make some simple and understated sympathy cards. Here's a look at the end result:


Nothing too fancy-schmancey. A simple card with a clean look.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Did you do all that scoring with your MS board? It looks beautiful! Super elegant and classic. I LOVE the embossed sentiment. Such a great way to interpret another crazy hard colour combo. Beautiful, Marnie! I'm sure it meant a lot to the recipient as well.

Angela said...

Okay, I just looked at it again...it's SO elegant!! I'm totally gonna have to try that sometime. Simply lovely!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marnie! Thanks for entering the Metallics Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)