Tuesday, December 14, 2010

1st Birthday Card

My cute little niece celebrated her first birthday last month, and I knew that I had to create a card that was equal to the occasion... a single-fold card would just not do the trick! I had also recently seen a colour combination of pink/black/grey and wanted to try a card with it. And because she is such a little princess, I just had to use my castle stamp :)

Here's a look at the finished product:







I am especially please with how the castle turned out:



I stamped the castle image in black ink on white cardstock. I then coloured over certain sections with a white crayon so that they would be highlighted after I sponged some pink and grey ink overtop. The final touch was to tear the edges of the cardstock.

The picture just does not do it justice. It was so pretty. I think by the time I was done with the castle, I was so tired I kinda skimped on the rest of the card, but I still think the finished product is suitable for the occasion.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You are the BEST aunt ever!!! What a beautiful card for that sweet little princess of a niece. The castle is AMAZING! I am definitely going to have to break out the kids' white crayons. And I love all the details (torn edges, bling, freaking awesome fold) You are my card-making hero!
By the way, what set is that castle from? I may have to borrow it sometime...