Sunday, June 06, 2010

Mother's Day - A month later...

June is a busy month for birthdays in my family, so I will have lots of opportunity to get crafty in the next few weeks.

However, today I thought I would FINALLY post the card that I created for my Mom for Mother's day.

Here's a look at the finished product:


There are various aspects of the card that I really love. But, if I had to do it all over again, I would get rid of the brown/pink polka-dot ribbon in the centre. Ugh. Too many different patterns.

I'm really happy with the two flower embellishments that I created using my flower punch and brads. I also really love the stitching that I did around the bottom half of the card. Take a look at a close-up:


Also, for this card, I got to use my brand new tag punches that I purchased from Stampin' UP!. Love these punches! I've got vague ideas of using them to create some awesome Christmas cards. Here's another look at the "Mom" tag:


Overall, the finished result is okay. And, even if I'm not 100% over the moon about it, my Mom really liked it, so that's all that matters :).
Stay Crafty!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I forgot to ask you...did you do all that stitching by hand??!! Or did you come across a magic little sewing machine that I didn't know about? If you did that by hand, you are completely insane....ly amazing! If you got a machine - congrats! Either way, it's beautiful and it adds a lot to the card. Love!!