Thursday, April 15, 2010

April HCCC

So, this month's challenge over at the HCCC was a doozy! Ange sure knows how to issue them.

My inspiration for this month's challenge was this picture frame that I received as a gift for my birthday:

Nice, huh? Yeah, I really like it too :) Gotta find the perfect pic to put in it.

So, I tried to play on the circles around the outside of the frame, and incorporate that into my card. Here's a look at the finished product:

This is a sweet little card that I am going to use for my niece's baptism next month.

My favourite features of the card:
- I got to use transparencies
- The face of the card slides open to reveal the 'inside'

See what I mean:

Too cool.
Here's a close up look at the "pearl"-esque embellishments...

Can't wait for next month!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Brilliant! I 'specially love how you swing it open like that! How do you come up with this stuff? I also thought the pearls were a perfect embellishment, because (1) they go perfectly with the circle theme and (2) Meena is a sweet little pearl :) Mark and Minh (and Meena) are gonna love it!

By the way, if you need a perfect picture for your frame, I can send you one of me...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Great job, Marn!